Monday, September 26, 2011

Waiting for her

(2)
Akrur has not come with the chariot
Buffalo has not visited my dreams
Crow has not cawed on the roof top
The announcer has not beaten his drums
The post and telegraph department
Has not brought any message
Still
South breeze stops blowing
The flowers of the trees wilt
A lull after the storm pervades the market
Coconut trees stand
Like sentries standing
Beside the dead body of the assassinated prime minister

I know
The time of your visit has come

I open the door
Queen of nights have fallen
Like someone has decorated the path
To welcome his dearest one
The soft morning sun has dispelled the mist
The path snakes towards the horizon

The path eagerly waits for her promised visit
To set her foot and walk on its chest

I sit on the veranda of my house
To receive her

I know
If you come
You will come through the back door
That I have kept open

xxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Once again, I felt good reading about the poem. Please do not mind if I say that I got a feeling this poem is about the only truth that we all wait for.....whether we admit it or not. I must admit that I am not a very good reader of poetries...so I hope you would not mind my comment......

    ReplyDelete