Saturday, September 24, 2011

Waiting for her

(1)
You are coming
I have the news
Today or in the next month
Tomorrow or in the next year
You have not fixed the date and time
But I am sure
You are coming

Today she came
To the office on official work
I had been waiting for this day
Since long ago
She had been always in my mind

She is today as she was
When I first met her years ago
She wore a smile on her face
Her eyes gave off a feeling of many untold stories
I found her the way
I expected to find her

I have many things to tell
Things inside me competed with each other
To come out first
But words failed
I could not tell
Felt pain in my chest

How could I tell in the office?
Amidst the known and unknown faces
My voice would have been drowned
In the words like ‘yes sir’, ‘thank you’?

She looked at me
Her look pierced into my eyes
And from my eyes into my heart

She told at the time of parting
She would come again
This time
Not to the office on official work

I am afraid
You might visit me
Before she comes again

xxxxx

2 comments: